A Firearms Regulation Lawyer Keeps Your Business Compliant
Business law, tax, estate planning and real estate services
The Law Offices of Kenneth L. Block provides an array of business law and consulting services, with an emphasis on advice for local businesses on conformance to federal, state and local firearms regulation. His practice also includes assistance with tax and retirement planning, commercial law, business financing and real estate law including commercial leasing, sales and acquisitions, and construction agreements. The firm is particularly adept at the creation and maintenance of gun trusts, an increasingly popular tool for collectors to transfer firearms to beneficiaries. Professionals who desire to avoid firearms penalties can consult with the Law Offices of Kenneth L. Block to better understand the options available to them.
A personal approach to gun regulatory and business law
The Law Offices of Kenneth L. Block provides the value and experience of a large law firm with the personalized, attentive approach of a solo practice. He provides legal services in the following areas:
- Gun regulatory law — Firearms regulations for business include multiple layers of permits and licenses for the business, staff and location, tax requirements, record keeping requirements, ATF compliance requirements and more. Kenneth L. Block can keep your company compliant with government requirements
- Enterprise and individual firearms licensing — Staff members and owners at gun manufactures, gun dealers, pawn shops, gunsmiths, instructors, target ranges and elsewhere must go through a licensing process to stay open. Individuals are required to comply with state and local licensing and permit requirements to own or possess a firearm, including obtaining and maintaining an Illinois Firearm Owner's Identification (FOID) card and, for Chicago residents, a Chicago firearms permit. An experienced attorney can ease the burden the licensing process places on you or your company and assist you with bureaucratic difficulties in obtaining and retaining your federal firearmsl License, Illinois FOID or Chicago firearms permit
- Estate planning for gun owners — Transferring a single gun or a firearms collection to your heirs is full of potential pitfalls, but gun trusts and other options are available so your assets reach their rightful owners
- Succession planning for the firearms business owner — Succession planning for any business is complicated, especially for firearm industry professionals. Obtaining advice from counsel experienced with both estate planning as well as firearms regulatory law is essential to the firearms business owner
- The responsibilities of executors and trustees for firearms— Executors and trustees overseeing the possession and transfer of one gun or a collection open themselves up to civil and criminal liability if they do not comply with federal, state and local law regarding the possession and transfer of firearms. The Law Offices of Kenneth L. Block can help guide you
- Wealth preservation and transfer — Tax, retirement and estate planning can seem overwhelming, particularly for someone running a business. Attorney Block’s tax knowledge and experience with business succession can provide the solutions that are right for you
- Business and finance — Choosing a business form, establishing credit and financing, overseeing corporate governance measures, preparing vendor, contracts, customer contracts, and employment contacts or merging with or acquiring another business all need capable legal guidance
- Real estate — Sales and acquisitions of property, commercial leasing, construction agreements and easements for business use require an experienced attorney to protect your interests
The Law Offices of Kenneth L. Block works with businesses to meet their legal needs with professionalism and experience.
Schedule your free initial consultation and avoid unwanted firearms penalties
Illinois business owners and individuals who want to learn more about firearms regulatory requirements or need representation with respect to firearms issues can contact the Law Offices of Kenneth L. Block at 312.600.4032 or online for a risk-free consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available and the firm is conveniently located near Chicago O’Hare International Airport.